Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 9 - No problem!

Getting through day 9 without a smoke was no problem. I'm tougher than the average superhero!!

Ok...so I craved when I got into my car after work. Yeah.....and I craved once when I got home. No biggy. I want a lot of things. Do I get them? Well....yeah. I do. :)

I have found that by establishing realistic....measurable goals....I am better able to stay on track during the quitting process. My brain works best when I'm presented with challenges where I can see immediate results........or succeed at mini contests I create for myself. So.....for example....each day one of my goals is to NOT SMOKE. Another is to drink a minimum of 60 ounces of water. Another is to have no more than a cup and a 1/2 of coffee each day. They sound dorky....and maybe they are.....but they give me something to strive for.....and a sense of accomplishment when I am successful.

Do it. You'd be surprised at how simple something like quitting smoking can become if you break it down into daily components. By starting out with small goals....you gain confidence in your own will power and commitment. That added confidence will then allow you to graduate to bigger and better goals. Haha. I say it like I know. Sounds good though.

Ok.....so it's nearly 11 p.m......and I gotta get up early for work. Catch ya later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home